We’re looking for the pick of the bunch…
Starting life in 1874 at a stall in London’s Covent Garden market, Mack has a long and distinguished history. Still a privately owned, family business, Mack is one of the largest importers, packers and suppliers of fresh fruit in the UK. Supplying to a number of major supermarkets and retailers throughout the country, it’s likely you will have seen or purchased some of our products. Through our specialist companies we supply a wide range of fresh fruit products. People are at the heart of our business and we would love for you to be a part of that too.
So, why work for us?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Quality Assurance Inspector to join us in order to enhance our QA team, based at the Fresh Produce Centre in Paddock Wood, Kent. As a Quality Assurance Inspector, you will assess and report on the quality of our products by carrying out visual, sensory and technical tests during different stages of the process. You will be responsible for ensuring that quality is absolute premium from the moment the raw product arrives at Mack, whilst it is in production and until the point of dispatch. As a key member of the Quality Assurance team, you will be focussed on communicating any quality issues to line management and ensuring that the product meets our customer requirements and specifications. It will be your responsibility to make an accurate decision as to whether the product is perfect enough for our customer, and if not what next steps you advise the business to take. If you have experience of working as a Quality Assurance Inspector in the past, you are one step closer to becoming part of our unique team. If you have experience in working with fresh produce, we would love to hear from you.
Our perfect QA Inspector would have:
- Some experience of working with fresh produce in the past.
- A keen eye for detail as you’ll be trained to spot produce issues to ensure that only perfect stock reaches our customers’ stores.
- The ability to communicate at all levels as it’s vital that everybody is kept in the loop at Mack.
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to meet deadlines as it can be pretty hectic here, especially in peak seasons!
- Experience of working with Excel and other Microsoft packages would be a bonus too!
In return we can offer you a rewarding career where every single day is different to the one before.
What else we can offer you:
- A salary of £18,000 – £21,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
- 25 days holiday per annum plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Company share scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Subsidised staff fresh produce shop
- Subsidised canteen & deli bar (hot meals from £1)
- Free parking on site
- A confidential support telephone service for you and your immediate family including medical information, insurance claims, legal support
The hours you would work:
We operate a 42.5 hour working week, with start times ranging from 6am to 2pm which includes weekend working on a rota basis.
We would love to hear from you if you feel that you can offer us as much as we can offer you. Please do so by submitting your CV to our recruitment team.