We are looking for an enthusiastic Level 1 Logistics Operative to join us in order to enhance our Warehouse and Logistics team team, based at the Fresh Produce Centre in Paddock Wood, Kent.
As a Level 1 Logistics Operative, you will be responsible for operating a pallet truck in order to supply and replenish the correct produce and packaging throughout the operational areas, allowing lines to run efficiently. You will be responsible for ensuring that packed product is taken to the correct destination. You’ll also be accountable for making sure that pallet movements are scanned to the correct location and that pallets are securely wrapped.
Towards the end of your shift, you’ll ensure that all produce, packaging, trays and pallets are cleared from the packhouse and returned to the correct storage area. Emptying bins, removing containers for waste product, recycling and taking un-recyclable packaging to the compactor area are also within your remit. By complying with our pre-shift check routine, you’ll be responsible for carrying out routine inspections to your PPT truck and returning it to the charging bay, ready for the next day.
If you have experience of working as a Truck or Logistics Operative in the past in the past, you are one step closer to becoming part of our unique team. If you have experience in working within a warehouse and logistics team, we would love to hear from you.
Our perfect Level 1 Logistics Operative would have:
- Experience within a similar role
- PPT truck license (desirable)
- The ability to communicate at all levels as it’s vital that everybody is kept in the loop at Mack.
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- A self-motivated, can-do attitude
In return we can offer you a rewarding career where every single day is different to the one before.
What else we can offer you:
- A salary of £18,322.20
- 28 days holiday per annum inclusive of public holidays
- Pension scheme
- Company share scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Subsidised staff fresh produce shop
- Subsidised canteen & deli bar (hot meals from £1)
- Free parking on site
- A confidential support telephone service for you and your immediate family including medical information, insurance claims, legal support.
The hours you would work:
We operate a 45 hour working week, with start times ranging from 5.00am to 12.30pm which includes weekend working on a rota basis.